Cowley Road Methodist Church, Oxford was originally called Wesley Hall. The design of the church exterior by the architect Stephen Salter, was influenced by the 'arts and crafts' movement of the time. The asymmetric plan was very unusual. In 1972, the exterior of the church became Grade II listed.
The church first opened its doors for worship in September 1904. It was built to accommodate a rapidly developing congregation which had met at a chapel in
Original church interior
In recent decades, the church has welcomed those who have come to
In 1984, the church was redeveloped and refurbished, with a multi-purpose worship area introduced upstairs and several meeting rooms downstairs. The Church Centre was designed to be of maximum benefit to the community in