Welcome to Cowley Road Methodist Church!
We are situated in the heart of East Oxford, on the corner of Jeune Street and Cowley Road. The linked black and white hands of our logo represent our multi-racial congregation, and the diversity of our local community.
The church's mission is to bring the love of God to all. We seek to be accepting and welcoming of everyone, regardless of background or theology.
A warm welcome to our new minister, Rev Miriam Moul. Miriam is also one of the chaplains at Oxford Brookes University.
The church will reopen for Sunday worship on 30 August at 10.30 am. Numbers attending will be limited and masks must be worn.
Everyone is invited to follow the weekly recorded Sunday worship from the Oxford Methodist Circuit.
The following activities are taking place virtually via Zoom:
Knitting Together - Tuesdays, 10.30 am
Quest Fellowship Group - alternate Mondays, 8 pm
Virtual Church Coffee - Sundays, 12 -12.30 pm.
- Recorded worship from Oxford Methodist Circuit
- Order of service for worship at home [PDF]
- Methodist Church worship during the Coronavirus pandemic - includes short acts of worship from home service sheets
- Wesley’s Chapel live-stream worship, adapted for no physical congregation. Monday - Friday 10 am, Sunday 11 am.
- Wesley Memorial Church podcast sermons
- Westminster Central Hall online sermons
- Lectionary with art and prayers
- Resources for home worship
Find us on Facebook.
- Cowley Road
- OX4 1BN