We have achieved our Bronze eco status award as an Eco Church in 2022 and are working towards our Silver status. Our community outreach worker, Libby, has recently attended a conference about eco theology which was held at Ripon College, Cuddesdon, and she's created a detailed report about the day. Please contact her if you'd like to know more.
A Rocha say:
"Churches complete the unique online Eco Survey about how they are caring for God’s earth in different areas of their life and work. The answers a church provides will collect points towards an Eco Church Award – the more your church does, the more points you get!
"The survey takes you through five key areas of church life:
* Worship and teaching;
* Management of church buildings;
* Management of church land;
* Community and global engagement; and
"It takes into account whether or not your church has buildings or land, and you can save your survey responses at any point and return to update them as your church completes additional actions".
Our completed questionnaire suggests that we may have attained the gold status level in the Worship and Teaching criteria.
Some of the things we do to get bronze status are to give practical lifestyle tips and advice on caring for God’s earth. Tips such as:
- Turn the lights off whenever you leave a room;
- Look into twinning your toilet at home;
- Use public transport whenever you can;
- Buy Fairtrade wherever possible (bananas are a good place to start - just look for the Fairtrade sticker!).
- Cowley Road
- OX4 1BN